|Home > jobs > PR INTERN|
Job Description: Material Addict is looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic PR Intern. The intern will take on many tasks of an associate PR Specialist and will work in a low supervision environment. The internship is unpaid with the opportunity to become a paid position in the future. The intern will work between 10-20 hours per week.
Requirements/Skills: Public relations interns will be actively enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a university public relations, marketing, advertising, business or other related program. Current students will preferably have at least junior standing. The individual must demonstrate the ability to undertake basic public relations writing assignments, and possess an understanding of basic media relations skills, an ability to interact professionally with clients, and good judgment. A working knowledge of computers, as well as word processing and database management software is necessary.
• Drafts basic public relations materials including news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, status reports and other materials as directed.
• Carries out special and media event planning activities and arrangements as outlined by General Management
• Attends and participates in company meetings, and other meetings as needed
• Assists with the development and updating of media lists and other databases
• Assits with networking and marketing Material Addict to major press sources and media
• Assists Material Addict with social media network publishing